I might not be from the South, but I know an awesome sweet tea recipe when I taste it!
Who doesn't like sweet tea? Most recipes I have found to either be "too sweet" or the opposite with me reaching for the sugar container.
This recipe is super fast & easy, and each batch rarely lasts a day in our home.
Summer is short in Michigan, and I plan on drowning myself in this sweet tea for as long as I can!
Down Home Sweet Tea
6 Lipton tea bags
1 Gallon of boiling water
1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
1. Hold tea bags lined up evenly by the strings and make a loop knot to hold them together. Pull off paper and staple (from paper side). Set aside.
2. In a one gallon pitcher, add boiling water. Stir in the sugar till dissolved.
3. Add tea bags and dunk into water a few times, then leave them in the pitcher. Cover with lid of pitcher and refrigerate.
4. Wait until it is very cold (at least 3-4 hours). The flavor changes until it reaches the 'cold' state.
5. Drink and enjoy. Remove tea bags from inside of pitcher after no longer than eight hours.